Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Sunday, May 14, 2017

New (and some unexpected) developments.

If I was thinking that things couldn't get any stranger, I'd be so wrong.

Well, now my "temporarily defunct" publisher has been arrested. Or more precisely Tate's CEO as well as his father have been arrested, and charged with fraud, extortion, racketeering and embezzlement. With eight felony counts and one misdemeanor count against them, the likelihood of their getting out of this one seems remote, and the likelihood of ever seeing any of my money invested in their schemes seems equally unlikely. As I said, it's a really good thing that I still have a day job!

In the meantime, I have reached out to other publishers, and we'll have to see where this might lead. For those of you who have gotten copies of my books, consider yourselves fortunate indeed.

As a completed trilogy, The Book of Drachma (Laminar Flow, Coaptation, Turbulence and Restoration) was a rather satisfying effort. I realize that more could be done with a decent editor, but we'll have to see. And what of the next trilogy? The first volume of Heir of Drachma (The Healer's Defense) is still somewhat available (and, according to those who have read it, they say that it is the best I've written). And I'm still finishing up Center Game as I ponder the future.

Well, now, here's John Wayne for you - not that he plays any role in my books, but he stands out in a crowd, which is what I'll be trying to do in the future of publishing.




And now on a lighter note, my daughter in California has been trying for at least a few years to adopt a child, and now she has gone home with a newborn baby girl. It would seem a bit presumptuous of me to say, but some of the things that happen to us come around by way of our own doings, and others seem to happen as unexpected delights! And here's my daughter 35+ years ago:

Time does fly, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment