Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Friday, April 28, 2017

Well, now what...?

As I've been whiling away my time, and still working on book five in the series (Center Game), I just got an email from my temporarily defunct publisher. It seems they have no intention of permanently disappearing into the dust of publishers passed and gone. And it appears they do want those of us who have books published with them to stay put, and not to sign on with other publishers who are offering to republish our books (at a price, of course). Though Tate Publishing has not yet come out with anything as concrete as a true offer, it would seem that they are planning to honor any commitments that have made. Hmm...

Being in a position to wait has got me in a position better than many. I can continue to work on book five (and book six), and  wait for my publisher to actually make an offer. Not having a deadline has both its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that I can continue working on my writing "at my own pace," which is a good thing. The other advantage is that I presumably will not be out anything if they do keep their word, and eventually honor their commitment. The disadvantages are that you won't be able to see the end result for this uncertain period of time. And also the "not being on the clock" can have a deleterious effect on productivity - yet I hope one that is not extremely serious.

At least for the present time, I'll just keep working on Center Game, and we'll see how the next couple of months turn out.

And here are a few more photos for you to enjoy (and I have no intention of giving up on my photography either).

No comments:

Post a Comment