Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Friday, May 18, 2012

Nonhappenings with The Book of Drachma

I know that things in the world of publishing can move at a slug's pace - or seemingly so. And these last two weeks have been an example of that. As I sit at my computer, and work on the sequel, it seems to me as if I could be doing something to promote my already published Book One (Laminar Flow). But those who know me, know that as a self-promoter, I am borderline worthless - at least in the context of printed material. Now, in the realm of meeting people face to face -- that's a different matter.

So, my novel remains "available" on Amazon.com, and Barnes and Noble (bn.com), but it does not seem to be moving at all. At the very least, it's numbers are anything but staggering. Ah, well.

And now, there are the sites where you may join others in book discussions, and where they give you helpful hints on promoting your own book. But mostly their "hints" are such things as: pay us money, and we'll advertise your book all over the site.

The whole thing might just come down to getting my whole trilogy published, which is something that is occurring, albeit at the publisher's pace, which, as noted above, is roughly that of a speedy slug.

I guess this is as close to a rant as I typically get. And I'd better get back to Book Four - Chapters four and five won't write themselves.

1 comment:

  1. If it helps, from what I've read over the last few months about the publishing industry in general (a lot), you're not alone.

    Apparently, the thing that sells books best is having previous, best-selling books. Ah well. I'm glad you're not discouraged - the important thing is to keep going forth with your passion.

    I'm with you on self-promoting though. It's a bore.

    ReplyDelete