Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Monday, June 11, 2018

A little catching up (for now).

It would appear that I've got a lot to do in terms of catching up!

Going back to when I was actively blogging, a lot has happened in my life. First of all, I do continue to write, and book five (Heir of Drachma, Book Two - Center Game) is progressing toward its conclusion (with book six still "out there"). I have had to to this without a publisher, as mine got himself arrested on charges of fraud, embezzlement and the like. And so, my need of editorial help is still an issue, though not insurmountable. To give you a timetable, it looks as though I'll be done writing Center Game within the next month or so, and then I plan to launch book four (Heir of Drachma, The Healer's Defense), along with Center Game together. This will be within the format of self-publishing.

What happens in book five? Well, a lot - with all the protagonists, antagonists, and sundry players getting into the action. As with the game of chess, the variables increase the complexity in the midgame, and only gradually bring things toward the conclusion (Book Six). So be prepared for a culmination in Center Game, which will be thrilling, yet incomplete. There will be elements of chaos, along with otherworldly intrigue.

Mind you, all of this has been playing out with my own history, which has turned out to be a drama of another sort. Nineteen years ago I underwent Aortic Valve Replacement for a severely leaky Aortic Valve. At that time, it would appear, that I also had mild dilatation of the aortic annulus (the ring of tissue which forms the beginning of the aorta), which was not at that time considered too worrisome. Nineteen years later, it would appear that my aortic root had become an aneurysm (6 Cm in transverse diameter), and now needed surgical intervention.

So a little over 2 weeks ago, I underwent another major open heart procedure. This time, they put in a conduit which contained a new aortic valve, with a sleeve to replace my aortic aneurysm. Next they had to transplant my coronary arteries to the new graft. Somewhere in all of this my sinoatrial node got itself caught up into the swirl, and became nonfunctional, requiring a permanent pacemaker. And now, I'm recovering from all of this, and doing remarkably well (though still a long ways from being back to normal).

So, here I am, weaker, but more determined than ever to finish what I've started. You should be hearing more from me within the next month or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment