Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Still in competition with teenage vampires...

It's almost here! It's that time when I play the dutiful author, and remind you all again of my upcoming book signing. It will be this coming Saturday, August 17th, from 1 - 3 PM at the Rogers Public Library. And I'm really looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there. And to make it more interesting, I'll let you know that the books will be HUGELY discounted. I do know the full price at Amazon.com and other sites is a bit steep for many of you, so be prepared to spend a whole lot less this Saturday. It has been rumored that you might even be able to get the whole trilogy for less that the cost of a single book online. Also, I've got some hardcovers of the three books of the trilogy, which I'll also be selling at ridiculously low prices. And I'm also going to have contest - the details of which you'll just have to come by to see!

How're the books selling these days? Well, to be perfectly honest with you, not well at all. It seems that my own niche does not seem to be catching on with the great readership out there. I find myself competing (still) with teenage vampires and zombies, as well as the boatload of books out there with covers dedicated to hunks with hard abs.

Now, for those of you who might not know, my books are designed for the minority,
who really like to settle down with a good story, with interesting characters, and whose own adventures are unlike anything you could experience. Yes, they're fantasy, but with a difference - described by more than one reader as fantasy for those who don't like fantasy. But I'll let you draw your own conclusions. Big hint - I'm a doctor in my day job.

And so, what else is going on? Well, for one thing, I'm in the middle of writing the fifth book in the series (of six books total). It's actually the second book of the second Drachma trilogy, and believe me when I tell you that it's getting even more interesting as I go along. To get a taste of what is coming, I'd refer you to the review of my fourth book by Kelly Smith (you can find what she says at Amazon.com, also on Goodreads, or you can go to her own book reviews (Kelly Smith Reviews).

And one more thing - we're going to be going to NYC next month for book signings (plus tourist things), with the publisher (Tate Publishing). It's a potentially great opportunity. I'll write more about that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment