Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Monday, April 6, 2015

The Book of Drachma, take two!

For any who may be wondering what it's like to "be an author," let me tell you that it's like chasing an elusive something that is forever just out of reach. What do I mean?

If you have ever written anything, and seen it in print, staring back at you - then I think you know what I mean. It is there with all its own imperfections, and things that you wish you had said differently. And those danged typos! And you just keep telling yourself, "ah, well, I've done that, and now I've just got to move on, imperfection or not." But still, there's that nagging in the back of your mind...

And so that brings me to the next development in The Book of Drachma. I am now done with the revisions, and the second edition of The Book of Drachma will "soon" become a reality. This is to be the same trilogy, with the same plot, same characters, but with one major difference - the language is cleaned up (and there should be far fewer typos). Just when will the second edition be available? About that I have no idea - that is up to the publisher's schedule.

Will the books look the same? That is very doubtful. Now I really do like the cover design of the first edition, but we shall see how the publisher and I can come up with new ideas for new covers.



So, keep tuned, and I'll let you know about the progress.

And just to let you all know, the beginning of the second trilogy will actually be released soon (May 19th is the release date). Now with all of my "experience" in the book publishing business, you'd think that I might have figured out a few things. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment