Table of Contents

How to navigate this blog

As chapters are published weekly be sure to search for any unread chapters in the list before reading the current post. Feel free to add questions or comments regarding what you have read.

I appreciate your support with this project.







Saturday, June 23, 2012

Every now and then...

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted anything in a while. Well, I could give you the excuse that I've been busy, which would be just that - an excuse.

There are really two reasons. The first is that I've been dealing with the problems generic to authors vs publishers. As my second book is on the verge of coming out, there are a number of details that demand my attention - namely the appearance of the book, with all of the right words and pictures, in all the right places. And the final chance to fix all the typos. All the little things that I learned from my first go-around which I find very embarrassing now. Because, I promise you, this second book will be cleaner - fewer typos, and overall, an even better story. And on top of this I am deeply involved in developmental editing of the third book. Now my own personal feeling is that the third book should be even better than the first two, and I do think it will be. But I've got to deal with an editor who hasn't read the first two books, and whose main goal seems to be keeping the word count down to 80-90,0000. So, I've got to do some serious cutting, trimming and rewording - which may not be all that bad a thing when I'm done with it all. We shall see.

And the second reason is more personal. I just got back from a trip out to California - to see my daughter, Sarah. And let me just say  that it was not a pleasure trip, but one I needed to make. And I left her a special post on my other blog (http://photosbydrachma.blogspot.com/).

Anyway, I think I hear the voice of my developmental editor calling me back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment